Students are expected to bring a poster about their PhD research - maximum one poster per student. Please note that there are limited places available, so we encourage you to submit as early as possible.
Abstracts of a maximum of one A4 page should be submitted online.
Abstract submission is now closed.
Guidelines for abstract file preparation
- Length: 1 A4 page including all figures, text and references
- File format: .pdf and .docx
- Page layout: A4 paper (N.B. not US Letter), 25mm margins, no page numbers or running heading/footers
- Font: 11pt Arial
- Title: include the full title in the submission file, do not use all caps
- Authors and affiliations: include full names of all co-authors and corresponding affiliations, with presenting author underlined
- Abstract text: single line spaced
- Abstract figures/references: include an informative caption for any figure, scheme, or illustration in your abstract. Note that abstracts may be reproduced in black and white, so check any colour figures to be sure they remain intelligible in greyscale
Information for submitting your abstract
If you have previously submitted an abstract or registered to attend an IOP Conference, please log in. For new users you will need to create an account. If you have forgotten your password, you can request details from the login page. Please note your submission will not be completed until you reach the "submission confirmation" page.
- Enter your abstract title
- Enter co-author(s) details if applicable (fields marked with * are mandatory)
- File upload submission - Upload your file in the correct format (.pdf or .doc) - maximum one A4 page
- Select the presenting author
- Review your submission and select submit
The submitting author will receive an email confirming the submission. If you do not receive an email, your abstract may not have been received and you are advised to contact the conferences team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone to +44 (0)20 7470 4800.
Authors can amend their submission online up until 29 February 2016.
If you are unable to submit your abstract online, please email the conferences team by email to email@example.com or telephone to +44 (0)20 7470 4800. Please ensure that you quote the name of the event when contacting us.
Posters will be on display on Monday 4 April and Tuesday 5 April.
Displaying and removing posters
Posters can be mounted on Monday 4 April and must be removed at the end of the day on Tuesday 5 April. Any poster not removed by this time will be recycled.
Posters should be no larger than A0 in size, in portrait format. Posters must be produced to fit within these dimensions in advance of the conference as it will not be possible to print them on-site. Fixing material will be supplied to mount your poster.